Distance Learning · Tutorials · Assistance
What is a Distance Learning Course?
A course that is delivered remotely, meaning that students can complete some or all of their coursework without having to be physically present in a classroom on any campus. A reliable internet connection is needed, along with a computer or laptop.
Different course types.
Where do I go to Access My Course?
There are two fully online course options offered at Southwest; courses accessed through PAWS and courses accessed through TN eCampus.
- If a course has a section number that begins with "L", it is accessed through PAWS.
- If a course has a section number that begins with "R", it is accessed through TN eCampus Login.
Where Do I Go For Assistance?
#1 Rule: No matter what type of issue you have in your course, ALWAYS contact your instructor first.
- Your PAWS Username and Password are the same as your My.Southwest Username and Password. If you can't login, first be sure you do not have the CAPS lock on, and remember that passwords are case sensitive.
- To reset your password, go to the Password Change Form.
- Call the Helpdesk 24/7 at 333-HELP (4357).
- Call the TN eCampus Helpdesk at (Toll Free) 1-866-895-8429
- Go to the website at: http://www.tnecampus.info/help-desk
- Contact your Southwest Student TN eCampus Liaison:
Karla Blume Shalaby
- Go to https://online.southwest.tn.edu/tnecampus.html for more TN eCAMPUS information.
- Syllabi List
- Tuition Fees
- Class Scehdule
- Southwest Helpdesk System
- Trying to Access DEIT Website or View Syllabus: Unsecure Site - Video
- Learning to Learn Online: Learning to Learn Online was created by students to help ease the shift from a traditional classroom setting to an online environment. Students will explore six unique chapters that will help them to successfully prepare for online learning. ~ Bailey Csabai, Bilal Sohail, Jykee Pavo, Kristen Swiatoschik, Maryam Odeh, and Nitin Ramesh
- Send and Check PAWS Email
- Assignments: Submit a File
- Quiz: Take a Quiz
- How to Navigate Content Page
- Discussion: Start A Thread -- (delete and edit are not options)
- Quiz: Why Can't I Access a Quiz?